- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
- ‘Hogs fall just shy of Midwest title
- Fork and Stein Urban Gourmet delivers beer infused delicacies to Rockford
Buy discounted Byron Blues Fest tickets by Aug. 11
Saturday, Aug. 11, is the final day to purchase half-priced advanced tickets to the Aug. 25 Byron Crossroads Blues Festival.
Advanced tickets, $5, are available online at http://byroncrossroadsbluesfestival.blogspot.com/ or at the following locations:
Rockford — Guzzardo’s Performance Music, 3010 Charles St.; JustGoods Fair Trade Store, 201 Seventh St.; Adriatic Café, 327 W. Jefferson St.; Toad Hall, 2106 Broadway; and CD Source, 221 E. State St.
Byron — Byron Bank, 200 N. Walnut St.; Byron City Hall, 232 W. Second St.; Snyder’s Drugs, 415 W. Blackhawk Drive; Value Fresh Market, 201 W. Blackhawk Drive; Leombruni’s Italian Village, 110 W. Second St.; Costa’s Restaurant, 133 E. Blackhawk Drive; Fifth Alarm, 120 N. Union St.; Spanky’s, 216 N. Union St.; Union Bar, 109 Second St.; The Cave Inn, 111 W. Second St.; Sunrise II Restaurant, 101 W. Second St.; and Tailgaters Sports Bar, 107 E. Second St.
Other locations — Snyder’s Drugs in both Oregon, Ill., and Winnebago, Ill., also have tickets, along with Paradise Guitars in Beloit, Wis. Crossroads Blues Society members also have tickets available.
Gates to the Byron Crossroads Blues Festival open at 1 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 25. The event will be in downtown Byron at Union and Second streets. Tickets are $10 after Aug. 11.
Musical lineup includes Aaron Williams & the Hoodoo at 1:30 p.m.; Harmonica Workshop with Joe Filisko at 3 p.m.; The Jimmys at 3:30 p.m.; The Cash Box Kings at 5:30 p.m.; Nick Moss & the Flip Tops at 7:30 p.m.; and Candye Kane Band at 9:30 p.m.
Call (779) 537-4006 for more about the festival or to order tickets.
From the Aug. 8-14, 2012, issue