- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Buy discounted Byron Blues Fest tickets by Aug. 11
Saturday, Aug. 11, is the final day to purchase half-priced advanced tickets to the Aug. 25 Byron Crossroads Blues Festival.
Advanced tickets, $5, are available online at http://byroncrossroadsbluesfestival.blogspot.com/ or at the following locations:
Rockford — Guzzardo’s Performance Music, 3010 Charles St.; JustGoods Fair Trade Store, 201 Seventh St.; Adriatic Café, 327 W. Jefferson St.; Toad Hall, 2106 Broadway; and CD Source, 221 E. State St.
Byron — Byron Bank, 200 N. Walnut St.; Byron City Hall, 232 W. Second St.; Snyder’s Drugs, 415 W. Blackhawk Drive; Value Fresh Market, 201 W. Blackhawk Drive; Leombruni’s Italian Village, 110 W. Second St.; Costa’s Restaurant, 133 E. Blackhawk Drive; Fifth Alarm, 120 N. Union St.; Spanky’s, 216 N. Union St.; Union Bar, 109 Second St.; The Cave Inn, 111 W. Second St.; Sunrise II Restaurant, 101 W. Second St.; and Tailgaters Sports Bar, 107 E. Second St.
Other locations — Snyder’s Drugs in both Oregon, Ill., and Winnebago, Ill., also have tickets, along with Paradise Guitars in Beloit, Wis. Crossroads Blues Society members also have tickets available.
Gates to the Byron Crossroads Blues Festival open at 1 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 25. The event will be in downtown Byron at Union and Second streets. Tickets are $10 after Aug. 11.
Musical lineup includes Aaron Williams & the Hoodoo at 1:30 p.m.; Harmonica Workshop with Joe Filisko at 3 p.m.; The Jimmys at 3:30 p.m.; The Cash Box Kings at 5:30 p.m.; Nick Moss & the Flip Tops at 7:30 p.m.; and Candye Kane Band at 9:30 p.m.
Call (779) 537-4006 for more about the festival or to order tickets.
From the Aug. 8-14, 2012, issue