- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
- Senators offer insight into population loss
- SCOTUS ruling legalizes gay marriage
- RAMP receives $10,000 grant for youth services
- Obamacare victory shows failure of Scalia’s conservative revolution
- City Market: June 26
Dane Penn brings guitar, tunes to Kryptonite Aug. 11
Online Staff Report
Dane Penn did not pick up a guitar until he was 21 years old. While some might think this a disadvantage, the late start allowed Penn to begin song-writing with an already mature palate and a developed sense of narrative.
Hoping to build a connection to Rockford audiences as he has in Chicago, Penn will perform at Kryptonite, 308 W. State St., in downtown Rockford, Saturday, Aug. 11.
Penn’s narrative talent is reflected in his songs, which follow in the storytelling tradition of American indie and folk. It’s music from a blue-collar kid from a blue-collar town who has grown to manhood.
Kryptonite can be reached at (815) 965-0931 or www.kryptonitebar.com.
Posted Aug. 8, 2012