- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
Dane Penn brings guitar, tunes to Kryptonite Aug. 11
Online Staff Report
Dane Penn did not pick up a guitar until he was 21 years old. While some might think this a disadvantage, the late start allowed Penn to begin song-writing with an already mature palate and a developed sense of narrative.
Hoping to build a connection to Rockford audiences as he has in Chicago, Penn will perform at Kryptonite, 308 W. State St., in downtown Rockford, Saturday, Aug. 11.
Penn’s narrative talent is reflected in his songs, which follow in the storytelling tradition of American indie and folk. It’s music from a blue-collar kid from a blue-collar town who has grown to manhood.
Kryptonite can be reached at (815) 965-0931 or www.kryptonitebar.com.
Posted Aug. 8, 2012