- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Dane Penn brings guitar, tunes to Kryptonite Aug. 11
Online Staff Report
Dane Penn did not pick up a guitar until he was 21 years old. While some might think this a disadvantage, the late start allowed Penn to begin song-writing with an already mature palate and a developed sense of narrative.
Hoping to build a connection to Rockford audiences as he has in Chicago, Penn will perform at Kryptonite, 308 W. State St., in downtown Rockford, Saturday, Aug. 11.
Penn’s narrative talent is reflected in his songs, which follow in the storytelling tradition of American indie and folk. It’s music from a blue-collar kid from a blue-collar town who has grown to manhood.
Kryptonite can be reached at (815) 965-0931 or www.kryptonitebar.com.
Posted Aug. 8, 2012