- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
Dane Penn brings guitar, tunes to Kryptonite Aug. 11
Online Staff Report
Dane Penn did not pick up a guitar until he was 21 years old. While some might think this a disadvantage, the late start allowed Penn to begin song-writing with an already mature palate and a developed sense of narrative.
Hoping to build a connection to Rockford audiences as he has in Chicago, Penn will perform at Kryptonite, 308 W. State St., in downtown Rockford, Saturday, Aug. 11.
Penn’s narrative talent is reflected in his songs, which follow in the storytelling tradition of American indie and folk. It’s music from a blue-collar kid from a blue-collar town who has grown to manhood.
Kryptonite can be reached at (815) 965-0931 or www.kryptonitebar.com.
Posted Aug. 8, 2012