- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Dane Penn brings guitar, tunes to Kryptonite Aug. 11
Online Staff Report
Dane Penn did not pick up a guitar until he was 21 years old. While some might think this a disadvantage, the late start allowed Penn to begin song-writing with an already mature palate and a developed sense of narrative.
Hoping to build a connection to Rockford audiences as he has in Chicago, Penn will perform at Kryptonite, 308 W. State St., in downtown Rockford, Saturday, Aug. 11.
Penn’s narrative talent is reflected in his songs, which follow in the storytelling tradition of American indie and folk. It’s music from a blue-collar kid from a blue-collar town who has grown to manhood.
Kryptonite can be reached at (815) 965-0931 or www.kryptonitebar.com.
Posted Aug. 8, 2012