- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
Group Hope depression bipolar meetings expand to serve more areas
The Mental Health Association of Rock River Valley presents its Group Hope validation, understanding and discussion meetings to south Rockford.
The St. Edward Church at 3004 S. 11th St. hosts Group Hope’s service open to the community beginning Aug. 17 and every Friday from 6:15 to 7:45 p.m.
Welcome to those people recognizing this as their opportunity to talk among others who understand and do not judge each other and come to help each other.
The Group Hope meeting schedule can be found at www.grouphope.org or call Charles Smith at (815) 398-9628.
Beginning Sept. 11, Dixon, Ill. will have Group Hope meetings every second and fourth Tuesday at the Sinnissippi Center, 325 Illinois Rt. 2, Dixon, from 6 to 7:30 p.m.
Call (815) 398-9628 in Rockford or (815) 590-0833 in Sterling for more information.
From the Aug. 8-14, 2012, issue