- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Guest bartenders to help raise funds for Hospice and Grief Center Aug. 9
Online Staff Report
With Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center’s (NIHGC) 25th annual charity golf event just around the corner, guest bartenders will be at Perry Rock Aug. 9 to raise funds for the event.
Jennifer Deppe, Jessica Langford, and golf committee members Mark Hatch, Scott Olson and Lauren Zanello will be guest bartenders from 5 to 8 p.m.
All tips received, as well as any matching funds donated by Perry Rock, will go toward the golf event, which raises funds for terminally ill patients in Northern Illinois Hospice’s care who are uninsured or underinsured.
Founded in 1979, NIHGC (a 501(c)(3) organization) provides superior, compassionate end-of-life care for individuals, bereavement support for families and friends, and group and individual grief counseling for children, teens and adults.
For more information, visit northernillinoishospice.org or call (815) 398-0500.
NIHGC’s 25th Annual Golf Charity Event is Aug. 13.
Perry Rock is at 6957 Old Creek Road, and the guest bartending event is open to the public. For more information, contact Kellie Miller at (815) 398-0500.
Posted Aug. 8, 2012