- EarthTalk: Avoiding harmful food additives
- Nighttime/alcohol enforcement patrols set for Dec. 26-28
- ComEd readies for potential winter weather
- Lee Hamilton: Time to focus on growing the economy
- Anti-corruption reform advisory question to appear on ballot
- Evidence found in Dec. 20 quadruple murder, but no arrests
- Yes, Virginia, Portillo’s is coming to Rockford
- Meet John Doe: Wake up and share that Christmas spirit, you’re the hope of the world
- Tech-Friendly: Recycle your old electronics this holiday season
- Garbage collection adjusted for Christmas, New Year’s
RACVB leader elected to national tourism board
The Rockford region will now have a voice in matters related to the nation’s tourism industry and in matters related to destination marketing’s leading professional organization. Rockford Area Convention & Visitors Bureau (RACVB) President/CEO John Groh was elected to the board of Destination Marketing Association International (DMAI), the world’s largest official destination marketing organization. Groh will serve a three-year term beginning this fall.
“I’m honored by the opportunity to serve on the DMAI board of directors,” said Groh. “DMAI plays a significant role in establishing high standards and best practices for the CVB industry, in addition to advocating for the overall tourism industry. My election to this board means the issues, concerns and opportunities faced by the Rockford region and by CVBs similar to RACVB will be advanced to the national level.” Don Welsh, the CEO of Choose Chicago (formerly Chicago Convention & Tourism Bureau), also represents Illinois on the board. Groh also serves on the association’s Technology Committee.
With headquarters in Washington, D.C., DMAI advocates for the professionalism, effectiveness and significance of destination marketing organizations worldwide. It has more than 3,500 members from 600 destination marketing organizations in more than 20 countries. DMAI provides its members with cutting-edge educational resources, networking opportunities and marketing benefits available worldwide.
From the Aug. 8-14, 2012, issue