- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
Summer Energy Fun Fair set for Aug. 17
JEFFERSON, Wis. — Looking for some end-of-summer fun? Come to the Summer Energy Fun Fair from 6-9 p.m., Friday, Aug. 17, at Rotary Park in the City of Jefferson, Wis. Learn about renewable energy, energy conservation and sustainability.
Information will be available about recycling, alternative vehicles, alternative fuels, and you can patronize the farmers’ market and several local vendors. A special feature will be renewable energy technologies: anaerobic digestion. Hear about the City of Jefferson’s plans to create energy by utilizing the methane produced at the Wastewater Treatment plant.
Participate in family fun and energy competitions: Create recyclable art, build a miniature solar car; and much, much more.
Additional programs will cover the following topics:
1. Anaerobic digestion/wastewater treatment plant tour; bus service to the Wastewater Treatment plant; reduce your energy consumption, save money, and be recognized. Learn about City of Jefferson energy efforts to reduce their energy usage and save money, and harnessing area wind.
2. Special offer to residents: The City of Jefferson wants to recognize you! Reduce your energy consumption, save money and be recognized. Many simple things can be done to reduce your energy usage. The City of Jefferson has an Energy Independence Recognition Program, and they want to recognize you as a “City of Jefferson Energy Partner.” Get more information at the fair.
3. Free food and refreshments will be available while supplies last. Attend and win — gain some knowledge and take part in a variety of giveaways.
From the Aug. 8-14, 2012, issue