- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
Summer Energy Fun Fair set for Aug. 17
JEFFERSON, Wis. — Looking for some end-of-summer fun? Come to the Summer Energy Fun Fair from 6-9 p.m., Friday, Aug. 17, at Rotary Park in the City of Jefferson, Wis. Learn about renewable energy, energy conservation and sustainability.
Information will be available about recycling, alternative vehicles, alternative fuels, and you can patronize the farmers’ market and several local vendors. A special feature will be renewable energy technologies: anaerobic digestion. Hear about the City of Jefferson’s plans to create energy by utilizing the methane produced at the Wastewater Treatment plant.
Participate in family fun and energy competitions: Create recyclable art, build a miniature solar car; and much, much more.
Additional programs will cover the following topics:
1. Anaerobic digestion/wastewater treatment plant tour; bus service to the Wastewater Treatment plant; reduce your energy consumption, save money, and be recognized. Learn about City of Jefferson energy efforts to reduce their energy usage and save money, and harnessing area wind.
2. Special offer to residents: The City of Jefferson wants to recognize you! Reduce your energy consumption, save money and be recognized. Many simple things can be done to reduce your energy usage. The City of Jefferson has an Energy Independence Recognition Program, and they want to recognize you as a “City of Jefferson Energy Partner.” Get more information at the fair.
3. Free food and refreshments will be available while supplies last. Attend and win — gain some knowledge and take part in a variety of giveaways.
From the Aug. 8-14, 2012, issue