- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
- Aaron Rodgers has Jay Cutler’s back, even if the Bears don’t
- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
- Technological assessment is needed
- Consumer advocates prep for looming telecom battle
- National Council of Churches president to speak in Rockford Sunday, Dec. 28
- RSO’s Holiday Pops set for Dec. 20-21 at Coronado
U of I Extension offers Illinois Drought Resources site
University of Illinois Extension has announced the establishment of an Illinois Drought Resources website. The site has been created to ensure information related to the current dry weather in Illinois is organized, easily found and available
The site can be accessed at http://web.extension.illinois.edu/drought/.
The website contains the most recent information about the impact of the drought on crops, livestock and home gardens, as well as discussions of financial considerations.
The website also serves as a portal to other useful resources, including links to drought-monitoring sites for the Midwest, central Illinois and the United States; the Illinois State Water Survey; the USDA’s Disaster Assistance Program; the Orr Agricultural Research and Demonstration Center; and the American Society of Agronomy’s Managing through the Drought Resources web page, which has links to information that has been posted at other Land Grant universities.
Announcements of upcoming events related to the drought will also be posted on the website.
To stay up to date on the most recent information in this area, also follow the Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/northwestillinoishorticulture.
For more details, contact the Ogle County Extension office at (815) 732-2191, visit http://web.extension.illinois.edu/bdo/, or e-mail Candice Miller, extension horticulture educator, at email@example.com.
From the Aug. 8-14, 2012, issue