- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Water Reclamation engineer receives award
Dana Carroll, engineering manager for the Rock River Water Reclamation District, was awarded the “Professional Rock River Water Reclamation District Award” by the Rockford chapter of the Illinois Society of Professional Engineers (ISPE).
The annual award is given to a person in northern Illinois serving in a management capacity by supervising activities of engineers. This award may be made for management in government, industry, consulting engineering, research, educational or public service organizations.
“We are very proud of Dana and value him as part of our leadership team,” said the district’s executive director, Steve Graceffa. “He does a superb job coordinating development of sewer services within the district, ensuring that service is available for new subdivisions and those that need to replace failing septic systems. He oversees the department responsible for the design of all new sewers, pumping stations and treatment plant processes.”
Carroll attended the University of Illinois and has worked for the district for 11 years. He manages 18 employees in the Engineering Department. In addition to reviewing and approving new sewer extensions, Carroll’s department is responsible for the engineering of district-wide capital improvements.
The award is given to a candidate who is a licensed professional engineer, shows technical and professional achievement, and who demonstrates a continued concern for professional ethics. The Rockford Chapter of the ISPE is part of a statewide professional association representing the interests of more than 2,500 engineer members from all fields of practice.
From the Aug. 8-14, 2012, issue