- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
- Impacts of low oil prices
- Monica Lewinsky takes aim at online bullying
- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
Folk duo Comfort Food in concert Aug. 17
The folk duo Comfort Food will perform at 7 p.m., Friday, Aug.17, at JustGoods Listening Room, 201 Seventh St., Rockford. These performances are offered to the public for free-will donations every Friday night.
Three weeks after they met, Rich and Vicki Ingle performed together for the first time in Sandwich, Ill., at the Village Square open mic. That night, Comfort Food was born. They spent the following years practicing, writing songs and performing together. Their self-titled CD Comfort Food was released in 2010, and they are working on a new CD.
Vicki has been active in the music scene in Illinois since the early 1980s. Vicki sings, writes and plays guitar, fiddle or bass on music that spans a variety of musical styles, including bluegrass, folk, country, blues and of course, original compositions.
Rich is a singer/songwriter deeply rooted in the local Chicago folk scene. With a no-nonsense Chicago-style attitude and an infectious enthusiasm for what he does, Rich serves up a hearty portion of down-to-earth music and storytelling, from the pulsing energy of his rhythm guitar, to his clever and often moving lyrics, the songs of Rich Ingle savor and satirize life in and around the Second City. A product of the ’70s coffeehouse scene, his songwriting suggests the influence of folk faves John Prine and Steve Goodman, but is truly his own. He’s the guy next door who’s been around the block a bit.
For more information, call JustGoods at (815) 965-8903 or go to http://justgoods.info.
From the Aug. 15-21, 2012, issue