- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Folk duo Comfort Food in concert Aug. 17
The folk duo Comfort Food will perform at 7 p.m., Friday, Aug.17, at JustGoods Listening Room, 201 Seventh St., Rockford. These performances are offered to the public for free-will donations every Friday night.
Three weeks after they met, Rich and Vicki Ingle performed together for the first time in Sandwich, Ill., at the Village Square open mic. That night, Comfort Food was born. They spent the following years practicing, writing songs and performing together. Their self-titled CD Comfort Food was released in 2010, and they are working on a new CD.
Vicki has been active in the music scene in Illinois since the early 1980s. Vicki sings, writes and plays guitar, fiddle or bass on music that spans a variety of musical styles, including bluegrass, folk, country, blues and of course, original compositions.
Rich is a singer/songwriter deeply rooted in the local Chicago folk scene. With a no-nonsense Chicago-style attitude and an infectious enthusiasm for what he does, Rich serves up a hearty portion of down-to-earth music and storytelling, from the pulsing energy of his rhythm guitar, to his clever and often moving lyrics, the songs of Rich Ingle savor and satirize life in and around the Second City. A product of the ’70s coffeehouse scene, his songwriting suggests the influence of folk faves John Prine and Steve Goodman, but is truly his own. He’s the guy next door who’s been around the block a bit.
For more information, call JustGoods at (815) 965-8903 or go to http://justgoods.info.
From the Aug. 15-21, 2012, issue