- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Free Milwaukee Irish Fest tickets available
• Festival runs Aug. 16-19
Staying active and involved in the community is a good way to remain youthful and healthy, to develop new friendships, and to maintain old friendships. An example of community involvement is the 4,000 people who annually volunteer at Milwaukee Irish Fest, a staple of Illinois and Wisconsin, which draws people from across North America and around the world.
As in prior years, Forest Glen, Rockford’s national award-winning apartment community (www.forest-glen.net), on McFarland Road south of Riverside Boulevard, is a contributor to and sponsor of Milwaukee Irish Fest, which is known to be the largest and best Irish fest in the world.
This year’s festival marks the 32nd annual Irish Fest and takes place from Thursday, Aug. 16, through Sunday, Aug. 19. Irish Fest promises “to promote and celebrate the many aspects of Irish culture and to instill in future generations an appreciation of Irish heritage,” according to its website, www.irishfest.com.
Forest Glen is continuing its longtime role as a contributor, sponsor and supporter of Milwaukee Irish Fest.
Four main stages will be featured at this year’s festival. Three stages will offer traditional Celtic music and dance, and a fourth stage will offer Irish/Celtic rock music. Also, there are nine secondary stages, offering great music as well.
In addition to music, Milwaukee Irish Fest features dance, sports, genealogy, poetry, food and culture, offering a true taste of Ireland and the other Celtic nations.
Forest Glen is gifting a limited number of Milwaukee Irish Fest tickets to the residents of the Rockford area. Tickets will be limited to two per household. Those interested in receiving complimentary tickets can stop by the Forest Glen clubhouse, south of Riverside Boulevard on McFarland Road. At the same time, see a brochure of this year’s Irish Fest, including a complete schedule of concerts and events.
For more about the gift of these complimentary tickets, stop by Forest Glen at 7010 Forest Glen Drive in Rockford.
From the Aug. 15-21, 2012, issue