- Omnibus police reform bill passes House
- Senate refuses Rauner on lawsuits, property taxes
- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
Golf: Aug. 22 deadline for group golf lessons for seniors 50 and older
Rockford Park District has openings in the Aug. 29-Sept. 12 sessions of group golf lessons for seniors ages 50 and older, and for ladies ages 18 and older.
The 45-minute sessions meet Wednesday and Friday mornings at Aldeen Golf Club in Rockford, and cover all areas of the game, including specialty shots.
Equipment evaluations and recommendations are available on request; instructed by PGA members and PGA apprentices.
Register by Aug. 22, either online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org or by mail, fax (with credit card) or at Park District Customer locations (downtown Rockford or at Carlson Ice Arena in Loves Park); registration will end as classes reach capacity.
For a registration brochure with session descriptions, schedules and fees for Park District golf programs, visit www.rockfordgolfs.com or call (815) 987-8800.
Information about support and adapted equipment for golfers with disabilities is also available by contacting Customer Service.
From the Aug. 15-21, 2012, issue