- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Golf: Aug. 22 deadline for group golf lessons for seniors 50 and older
Rockford Park District has openings in the Aug. 29-Sept. 12 sessions of group golf lessons for seniors ages 50 and older, and for ladies ages 18 and older.
The 45-minute sessions meet Wednesday and Friday mornings at Aldeen Golf Club in Rockford, and cover all areas of the game, including specialty shots.
Equipment evaluations and recommendations are available on request; instructed by PGA members and PGA apprentices.
Register by Aug. 22, either online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org or by mail, fax (with credit card) or at Park District Customer locations (downtown Rockford or at Carlson Ice Arena in Loves Park); registration will end as classes reach capacity.
For a registration brochure with session descriptions, schedules and fees for Park District golf programs, visit www.rockfordgolfs.com or call (815) 987-8800.
Information about support and adapted equipment for golfers with disabilities is also available by contacting Customer Service.
From the Aug. 15-21, 2012, issue