- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
Golf: Aug. 22 deadline for group golf lessons for seniors 50 and older
Rockford Park District has openings in the Aug. 29-Sept. 12 sessions of group golf lessons for seniors ages 50 and older, and for ladies ages 18 and older.
The 45-minute sessions meet Wednesday and Friday mornings at Aldeen Golf Club in Rockford, and cover all areas of the game, including specialty shots.
Equipment evaluations and recommendations are available on request; instructed by PGA members and PGA apprentices.
Register by Aug. 22, either online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org or by mail, fax (with credit card) or at Park District Customer locations (downtown Rockford or at Carlson Ice Arena in Loves Park); registration will end as classes reach capacity.
For a registration brochure with session descriptions, schedules and fees for Park District golf programs, visit www.rockfordgolfs.com or call (815) 987-8800.
Information about support and adapted equipment for golfers with disabilities is also available by contacting Customer Service.
From the Aug. 15-21, 2012, issue