- State Roundup: Union memo: Management threatens unsafe working conditions
- Performance review: Remote Treasurer employees pose problems
- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
Golf: Aug. 22 deadline for group golf lessons for seniors 50 and older
Rockford Park District has openings in the Aug. 29-Sept. 12 sessions of group golf lessons for seniors ages 50 and older, and for ladies ages 18 and older.
The 45-minute sessions meet Wednesday and Friday mornings at Aldeen Golf Club in Rockford, and cover all areas of the game, including specialty shots.
Equipment evaluations and recommendations are available on request; instructed by PGA members and PGA apprentices.
Register by Aug. 22, either online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org or by mail, fax (with credit card) or at Park District Customer locations (downtown Rockford or at Carlson Ice Arena in Loves Park); registration will end as classes reach capacity.
For a registration brochure with session descriptions, schedules and fees for Park District golf programs, visit www.rockfordgolfs.com or call (815) 987-8800.
Information about support and adapted equipment for golfers with disabilities is also available by contacting Customer Service.
From the Aug. 15-21, 2012, issue