- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
- TRRT March 25-31 | Online Edition
- State Roundup: Plaintiffs join Rauner on fair share case
Golf: Aug. 22 deadline for group golf lessons for seniors 50 and older
Rockford Park District has openings in the Aug. 29-Sept. 12 sessions of group golf lessons for seniors ages 50 and older, and for ladies ages 18 and older.
The 45-minute sessions meet Wednesday and Friday mornings at Aldeen Golf Club in Rockford, and cover all areas of the game, including specialty shots.
Equipment evaluations and recommendations are available on request; instructed by PGA members and PGA apprentices.
Register by Aug. 22, either online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org or by mail, fax (with credit card) or at Park District Customer locations (downtown Rockford or at Carlson Ice Arena in Loves Park); registration will end as classes reach capacity.
For a registration brochure with session descriptions, schedules and fees for Park District golf programs, visit www.rockfordgolfs.com or call (815) 987-8800.
Information about support and adapted equipment for golfers with disabilities is also available by contacting Customer Service.
From the Aug. 15-21, 2012, issue