- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
Home Ownership News: Application seminar for Habitat program set for Aug. 18
Rockford Area Habitat for Humanity (RAHFH) will be accepting applications from potential homebuyers at a seminar Aug. 18. The homes will be built during the summer of 2013.
To be considered for the homeownership program, an applicant must prove a minimum annual household income of at least $19,200, along with a credit score of 525 or higher and debt ratio of 36 percent or less. The homebuyer must complete at least 300 hours of sweat equity labor in the construction of the home.
Upon completion, homes will be sold at cost. RAHFH offers a zero-interest loan to qualified families. Mortgage payments range from $475 to $525 per month, and include property taxes and insurance.
RAHFH is a nonprofit, ecumenical, Christian housing organization that builds simple, decent and affordable homes with low-income families through partnerships with the community. RAHFH has been serving Winnebago County since 1988, and has built 94 homes in partnership with families in need. For more information, visit www.rockfordhabitat.org.
From the Aug. 15-21, 2012, issue