- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Home Ownership News: Application seminar for Habitat program set for Aug. 18
Rockford Area Habitat for Humanity (RAHFH) will be accepting applications from potential homebuyers at a seminar Aug. 18. The homes will be built during the summer of 2013.
To be considered for the homeownership program, an applicant must prove a minimum annual household income of at least $19,200, along with a credit score of 525 or higher and debt ratio of 36 percent or less. The homebuyer must complete at least 300 hours of sweat equity labor in the construction of the home.
Upon completion, homes will be sold at cost. RAHFH offers a zero-interest loan to qualified families. Mortgage payments range from $475 to $525 per month, and include property taxes and insurance.
RAHFH is a nonprofit, ecumenical, Christian housing organization that builds simple, decent and affordable homes with low-income families through partnerships with the community. RAHFH has been serving Winnebago County since 1988, and has built 94 homes in partnership with families in need. For more information, visit www.rockfordhabitat.org.
From the Aug. 15-21, 2012, issue