- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
Legendary glass artist featured in Aug. 16 artist lecture
Rockford Art Museum (RAM) will present an artist lecture by William Carlson at 7 p.m., Thursday, Aug. 16, at the theater in Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. Admission to the event is free.
Carlson is a legendary glass artist whose work is featured in Into the Light: Illinois Glass — one of many shows across the nation celebrating the 50th anniversary of the U.S. Studio Glass Movement.
Carlson is considered among the most important figures of the movement. He was head of the crafts and sculpture programs at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (1976-2003), and is represented in numerous collections, including the Metropolitan Museum of Art and Corning Museum of Glass.
RAM is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., and can be reached at (815) 968-2787 or online at www.rockfordartmuseum.org.
From the Aug. 15-21, 2012, issue