- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
Legendary glass artist featured in Aug. 16 artist lecture
Rockford Art Museum (RAM) will present an artist lecture by William Carlson at 7 p.m., Thursday, Aug. 16, at the theater in Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. Admission to the event is free.
Carlson is a legendary glass artist whose work is featured in Into the Light: Illinois Glass — one of many shows across the nation celebrating the 50th anniversary of the U.S. Studio Glass Movement.
Carlson is considered among the most important figures of the movement. He was head of the crafts and sculpture programs at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (1976-2003), and is represented in numerous collections, including the Metropolitan Museum of Art and Corning Museum of Glass.
RAM is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., and can be reached at (815) 968-2787 or online at www.rockfordartmuseum.org.
From the Aug. 15-21, 2012, issue