- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
Once can be too many terms
This acquaintance of mine said that “most presidents (Nixon, for one example) needs to serve two terms to get anything accomplished”! And he also claimed that Barack Obama (our current president) can get the impossible done only if he serves another (secondary) four years.
But I believe that our President Barack Obama should be likened to an automobile mechanic. Why? Because, to fix a customer’s car, he (or she) can lie to the owner and say it’ll take another four years to find what is exactly wrong!
Philip J. Wilson
From the Aug. 15-21, 2012, issue