- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Once can be too many terms
This acquaintance of mine said that “most presidents (Nixon, for one example) needs to serve two terms to get anything accomplished”! And he also claimed that Barack Obama (our current president) can get the impossible done only if he serves another (secondary) four years.
But I believe that our President Barack Obama should be likened to an automobile mechanic. Why? Because, to fix a customer’s car, he (or she) can lie to the owner and say it’ll take another four years to find what is exactly wrong!
Philip J. Wilson
From the Aug. 15-21, 2012, issue