- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
Once can be too many terms
This acquaintance of mine said that “most presidents (Nixon, for one example) needs to serve two terms to get anything accomplished”! And he also claimed that Barack Obama (our current president) can get the impossible done only if he serves another (secondary) four years.
But I believe that our President Barack Obama should be likened to an automobile mechanic. Why? Because, to fix a customer’s car, he (or she) can lie to the owner and say it’ll take another four years to find what is exactly wrong!
Philip J. Wilson
From the Aug. 15-21, 2012, issue