- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
Once can be too many terms
This acquaintance of mine said that “most presidents (Nixon, for one example) needs to serve two terms to get anything accomplished”! And he also claimed that Barack Obama (our current president) can get the impossible done only if he serves another (secondary) four years.
But I believe that our President Barack Obama should be likened to an automobile mechanic. Why? Because, to fix a customer’s car, he (or she) can lie to the owner and say it’ll take another four years to find what is exactly wrong!
Philip J. Wilson
From the Aug. 15-21, 2012, issue