- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
Once can be too many terms
This acquaintance of mine said that “most presidents (Nixon, for one example) needs to serve two terms to get anything accomplished”! And he also claimed that Barack Obama (our current president) can get the impossible done only if he serves another (secondary) four years.
But I believe that our President Barack Obama should be likened to an automobile mechanic. Why? Because, to fix a customer’s car, he (or she) can lie to the owner and say it’ll take another four years to find what is exactly wrong!
Philip J. Wilson
From the Aug. 15-21, 2012, issue