- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Paranormal Tour at Tinker Swiss Cottage set for Aug. 17
A Paranormal Tour will be held at Rockford’s Tinker Swiss Cottage Museum from 7 to 10 p.m., Friday, Aug. 17. Cost is $25 at the door, $20 if purchased online and $15 for museum members.
The tour will begin at the museum’s Visitor Center at 7 p.m. Special guests will be Ghost Head Soup, a local paranormal group that has investigated haunted sites all over the United States. They will show some of the evidence they have captured over the years. Here is their website: http://www.ghostheadsoup.com. After the presentation by Ghost Head Soup, there will be a night tour of the museum.
Tinker Swiss Cottage Museum, a Rockford Park District affiliate, is at 411 Kent St., Rockford.
From the Aug. 15-21, 2012, issue