- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
- Senators offer insight into population loss
- SCOTUS ruling legalizes gay marriage
- RAMP receives $10,000 grant for youth services
- Obamacare victory shows failure of Scalia’s conservative revolution
- City Market: June 26
PNC Mobile Learning Adventure at Discovery Center Aug. 17
Online Staff Report
PNC will be bringing a Mobile Learning Adventure for kids to Discovery Center Museum from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Friday, Aug. 17.
The MobileLearning Adventure (MLA) is a traveling exhibit that provides an opportunity for parents and caregivers to learn about the importance of early childhood education while they engage in fun activities with their children.
A part of PNC Grow Up Great — a $350 million, multi-year initiative that began in 2004 to help prepare children from birth to age 5 for success in school and life — the MLA includes interactive kiosks and the “When I Grow Up” station, where kids dress up as different professionals and have their picture superimposed on an appropriate background.
In addition, parents can take home activity books and learning kits that demonstrate how to take everyday moments and turn them into learning opportunities.
Discovery Center is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. Hours are 10 a.m.-5 p.m., daily. Admission is $7 adults and children ages 2-17, and free to museum members and children 1 and younger.
Call (815) 963-6769 or visit www.discoverycentermuseum.org for more details.
Posted Aug. 15, 2012