- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
Raw Energy: Detoxification: Releasing the toxins from your body
By Brenda Richter
Detoxification is a means for the body to release poisons from our blood, lymph, skin, organs, tissues and digestive system to sustain life.
Detoxification requires dietary and lifestyle changes, which reduce and eliminate the amount of toxins accumulated within the body.
Detoxification eliminates unwanted miseries, aches, pains, inflammations, build up, sickness and disease by treating the root of the problem, not simply the symptom.
Normally, the No. 1 cause of minor and major illnesses today is the result of overeating, lack of quality nourishment, inactive lifestyles, lack of oxygen, stress and lack of quality sleep.
Most people today experience some type of autointoxication as a result of unhealthy lifestyles and poor eating habits. Autointoxication is when the body does not have a way to eliminate unwanted toxins.
When the body is unable to get rid of the excess toxins, these poisons are reintroduced back into our blood and tissues, which creates an acidic body. These poisons ferment and putrefy within your body.
The body is an incredible, amazing machine, and has the ability to regenerate, heal and excel — we simply need to give it the opportunity to do so.
The power of Mother Nature and the ability to excel is within herbs, plants, natural raw plant-based foods, clean water and oxygen.
Detoxification and cleansing has abundant possibilities and includes, but is not limited to, the following: destroys unfriendly bacteria yeasts, fungus and molds; cleanses the digestive tract; alleviates aches and pains; reduces and/or eliminate medications; reduces water retention; removes acidity; purifies the blood; builds the immune system; improves nutrient absorption; reduces PMS; balances hormones; reverses ADD/ADHD; stops cravings and addictions; helps to lose unwanted weight; provides clarity and focus; eliminates depression; clears skin disorders such as acne, dry skin and psoriasis; eliminates cellulite; eliminates bad breath/body odor; increases energy; releases unhealthy emotions; reverses diabetes and cancer cells; eliminates inflammation; increases libido; and improves overall well-being.
Brenda Richter is a graduate of Living Light Culinary Arts Institute, where she received her certification as a Raw Culinary Arts associate chef and instructor. She’s passionate about sharing the living foods lifestyle with others, and teaches raw culinary arts classes in the Rockford area.
From the Aug. 15-21, 2012, issue