- Obamacare: All eyes on high court
- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
Rockford Dance Company holds auditions Aug. 18
Rockford Dance Company (RDC) will be auditioning for the 2012-2013 season Company and JR Company at 10:30 a.m., Saturday, Aug. 18.
Advanced dancers with a solid year of pointe work may audition for Company, and intermediate dancers with at least three years of ballet instruction may audition for RDC’s JR Company.
RDC invites community dancers to these auditions. However, to be accepted in either company, a dancer will need to become a student of the school.
Adult ballet dancers processing pointe technique may also audition.
Arrive to the RDC studios — at Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St. — in enough time to fill out audition forms and to warm up. Studios will be available by 9:30 a.m.
RDC is a resident organization of the Coronado Theatre and will perform the annual Nutcracker in December and premiere three one-act ballets in Bold Moves in April. The company will perform in September’s Fall for Dance concert and the family-friendly, Wolf Tales in January.
The Jr. Company is a non-pointe performance group that will appear with the Company in major productions and at festivals and community events. It is considered essential training for the company.
For more about RDC, call (815) 963-3341 or visit www.rockforddancecompany.com.
From the Aug. 15-21, 2012, issue