- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Rockford Dance Company holds auditions Aug. 18
Rockford Dance Company (RDC) will be auditioning for the 2012-2013 season Company and JR Company at 10:30 a.m., Saturday, Aug. 18.
Advanced dancers with a solid year of pointe work may audition for Company, and intermediate dancers with at least three years of ballet instruction may audition for RDC’s JR Company.
RDC invites community dancers to these auditions. However, to be accepted in either company, a dancer will need to become a student of the school.
Adult ballet dancers processing pointe technique may also audition.
Arrive to the RDC studios — at Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St. — in enough time to fill out audition forms and to warm up. Studios will be available by 9:30 a.m.
RDC is a resident organization of the Coronado Theatre and will perform the annual Nutcracker in December and premiere three one-act ballets in Bold Moves in April. The company will perform in September’s Fall for Dance concert and the family-friendly, Wolf Tales in January.
The Jr. Company is a non-pointe performance group that will appear with the Company in major productions and at festivals and community events. It is considered essential training for the company.
For more about RDC, call (815) 963-3341 or visit www.rockforddancecompany.com.
From the Aug. 15-21, 2012, issue