- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
Seek the truth
Our president’s major credential when taking office was as a community organizer. Now, he feels qualified to criticize Mitt Romney’s background as governor, the director of a very successful Olympics, and leader of a successful job-creating venture capital firm. Obama is desperate to deflect attention from his dismal record on deficit reduction, the economy, and his massive health care disaster.
He is trying to convince voters that the accumulation of wealth is bad. He tells us that any wealth acquired should be the result of governmental involvement. He fails to understand that the primary goal of business is not to create jobs, but to make money so investors can realize a return on their investment and the business can afford to pay wages to those it employs. The result is job creation at its finest.
Obama and [David] Axelrod [Senior campaign strategist for Obama re-election campaign] are the spin masters of this century. They take lies and half-truths and try to convince us they are facts. Even the liberal media are challenging them on many of their false claims.
It behooves every voter to turn their “malarkey detectors” to full power and sort out the false claims we are hearing from the Obama campaign.
From the Aug. 15-21, 2012, issue