- Hospitals lift visitor age restrictions as number of flu cases decreases
- Winnebago County sheriff names chief deputy
- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
- Guest Column: Housing Authority CEO: Time to unify behind quality living
- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
Seek the truth
Our president’s major credential when taking office was as a community organizer. Now, he feels qualified to criticize Mitt Romney’s background as governor, the director of a very successful Olympics, and leader of a successful job-creating venture capital firm. Obama is desperate to deflect attention from his dismal record on deficit reduction, the economy, and his massive health care disaster.
He is trying to convince voters that the accumulation of wealth is bad. He tells us that any wealth acquired should be the result of governmental involvement. He fails to understand that the primary goal of business is not to create jobs, but to make money so investors can realize a return on their investment and the business can afford to pay wages to those it employs. The result is job creation at its finest.
Obama and [David] Axelrod [Senior campaign strategist for Obama re-election campaign] are the spin masters of this century. They take lies and half-truths and try to convince us they are facts. Even the liberal media are challenging them on many of their false claims.
It behooves every voter to turn their “malarkey detectors” to full power and sort out the false claims we are hearing from the Obama campaign.
From the Aug. 15-21, 2012, issue