- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Seek the truth
Our president’s major credential when taking office was as a community organizer. Now, he feels qualified to criticize Mitt Romney’s background as governor, the director of a very successful Olympics, and leader of a successful job-creating venture capital firm. Obama is desperate to deflect attention from his dismal record on deficit reduction, the economy, and his massive health care disaster.
He is trying to convince voters that the accumulation of wealth is bad. He tells us that any wealth acquired should be the result of governmental involvement. He fails to understand that the primary goal of business is not to create jobs, but to make money so investors can realize a return on their investment and the business can afford to pay wages to those it employs. The result is job creation at its finest.
Obama and [David] Axelrod [Senior campaign strategist for Obama re-election campaign] are the spin masters of this century. They take lies and half-truths and try to convince us they are facts. Even the liberal media are challenging them on many of their false claims.
It behooves every voter to turn their “malarkey detectors” to full power and sort out the false claims we are hearing from the Obama campaign.
From the Aug. 15-21, 2012, issue