- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
- Something is rotten in the state of US education
Youth Baseball: RiverHawks to host 2013 MLB Scouts Foundation Tournament
LOVES PARK, Ill. — The Rockford RiverHawks will be one of the hosts for the Team Exposure 2013 MLB Scouts Foundation Tournament, running June 29-July 6, 2013.
Every Major League Baseball team will be represented by a scout, and college recruiters will be attending the games as well, providing ballplayers an opportunity to showcase their skills.
The RiverHawks are committed to youth sports and providing the opportunity for youth athletes to succeed. They are also committed to bringing clubs to the area to help the local economy.
This tournament has a six-game guarantee, with games being played at universities and stadiums from Chicago to Rockford. The tournament will have 104 total teams, with a total of 26 teams per age group (15, 16, 17, 18).
Teams will play one or two games in an area at a time, so they will not be asked to travel a long distance in the same day. The entry cost of the tournament is $800, but each team will have to pay an umpire $50 before each game it plays. Additionally, all teams must pay a once-a-year $30 sanction fee before entering any tournament.
Once staff and rental of fields are paid, all the proceeds from T-shirts, raffles and admission fees will be donated to the Scouts Foundation. The tournament will fill fast. Contact Herb at (815) 690-2032 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a team registration form.
In being one of the hosts for the 2013 MLB Scouts Foundation Tournament, the Rockford RiverHawks’ organization will be providing its sponsors more exposure. Additionally, the Rockford Jr. RiverHawks’ teams will be playing in the tournament.
The RiverHawks are members of the Frontier League, an independent professional baseball league in its 20th season. Games are broadcast on NTA-FM (100.5). Advertising and ticket information is available by calling (815) 885-2255. Fans can also visit www.rockfordriverhawks.com.
From the Aug. 15-21, 2012, issue