- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
29th Annual Two Rivers Bluegrass Jam Aug. 23-25
Online Staff Report
Bring your children, grandchildren, lawn chairs and blankets, and be thoroughly entertained at the 29th Annual Two Rivers Bluegrass Jam. It will be Aug. 23-25 at the Northern Illinois Coon & Fox Club, 12314 Harrison Road, Harrison, Ill., nestled on the banks of the Sugar and Pecatonica rivers between Harrison and Shirland. Folks come from all around the Midwest to play their acoustical instruments at this free festival.
Performances will be on stage all weekend. Shows will run from 6 to 10 p.m., Thursday and Friday, and noon to 10 p.m., Saturday. You will also catch folks playing and jamming bluegrass, country and folk music by their campers, or under shade trees on the grounds. Concession and craft vendors will also be on hand.
This is an outdoor event, but is handicapped accessible. No drugs or alcohol. Admission is free, but donations are encouraged.
Limited camping spots are available on a first-come, first-served basis. The cost for campsites is $5 per day or $15 for sites needing electricity.
Posted Aug. 22, 2012