- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
29th Annual Two Rivers Bluegrass Jam Aug. 23-25
Online Staff Report
Bring your children, grandchildren, lawn chairs and blankets, and be thoroughly entertained at the 29th Annual Two Rivers Bluegrass Jam. It will be Aug. 23-25 at the Northern Illinois Coon & Fox Club, 12314 Harrison Road, Harrison, Ill., nestled on the banks of the Sugar and Pecatonica rivers between Harrison and Shirland. Folks come from all around the Midwest to play their acoustical instruments at this free festival.
Performances will be on stage all weekend. Shows will run from 6 to 10 p.m., Thursday and Friday, and noon to 10 p.m., Saturday. You will also catch folks playing and jamming bluegrass, country and folk music by their campers, or under shade trees on the grounds. Concession and craft vendors will also be on hand.
This is an outdoor event, but is handicapped accessible. No drugs or alcohol. Admission is free, but donations are encouraged.
Limited camping spots are available on a first-come, first-served basis. The cost for campsites is $5 per day or $15 for sites needing electricity.
Posted Aug. 22, 2012