- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
29th Annual Two Rivers Bluegrass Jam Aug. 23-25
Online Staff Report
Bring your children, grandchildren, lawn chairs and blankets, and be thoroughly entertained at the 29th Annual Two Rivers Bluegrass Jam. It will be Aug. 23-25 at the Northern Illinois Coon & Fox Club, 12314 Harrison Road, Harrison, Ill., nestled on the banks of the Sugar and Pecatonica rivers between Harrison and Shirland. Folks come from all around the Midwest to play their acoustical instruments at this free festival.
Performances will be on stage all weekend. Shows will run from 6 to 10 p.m., Thursday and Friday, and noon to 10 p.m., Saturday. You will also catch folks playing and jamming bluegrass, country and folk music by their campers, or under shade trees on the grounds. Concession and craft vendors will also be on hand.
This is an outdoor event, but is handicapped accessible. No drugs or alcohol. Admission is free, but donations are encouraged.
Limited camping spots are available on a first-come, first-served basis. The cost for campsites is $5 per day or $15 for sites needing electricity.
Posted Aug. 22, 2012