- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
29th Annual Two Rivers Bluegrass Jam Aug. 23-25
Online Staff Report
Bring your children, grandchildren, lawn chairs and blankets, and be thoroughly entertained at the 29th Annual Two Rivers Bluegrass Jam. It will be Aug. 23-25 at the Northern Illinois Coon & Fox Club, 12314 Harrison Road, Harrison, Ill., nestled on the banks of the Sugar and Pecatonica rivers between Harrison and Shirland. Folks come from all around the Midwest to play their acoustical instruments at this free festival.
Performances will be on stage all weekend. Shows will run from 6 to 10 p.m., Thursday and Friday, and noon to 10 p.m., Saturday. You will also catch folks playing and jamming bluegrass, country and folk music by their campers, or under shade trees on the grounds. Concession and craft vendors will also be on hand.
This is an outdoor event, but is handicapped accessible. No drugs or alcohol. Admission is free, but donations are encouraged.
Limited camping spots are available on a first-come, first-served basis. The cost for campsites is $5 per day or $15 for sites needing electricity.
Posted Aug. 22, 2012