- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
29th Annual Two Rivers Bluegrass Jam Aug. 23-25
Online Staff Report
Bring your children, grandchildren, lawn chairs and blankets, and be thoroughly entertained at the 29th Annual Two Rivers Bluegrass Jam. It will be Aug. 23-25 at the Northern Illinois Coon & Fox Club, 12314 Harrison Road, Harrison, Ill., nestled on the banks of the Sugar and Pecatonica rivers between Harrison and Shirland. Folks come from all around the Midwest to play their acoustical instruments at this free festival.
Performances will be on stage all weekend. Shows will run from 6 to 10 p.m., Thursday and Friday, and noon to 10 p.m., Saturday. You will also catch folks playing and jamming bluegrass, country and folk music by their campers, or under shade trees on the grounds. Concession and craft vendors will also be on hand.
This is an outdoor event, but is handicapped accessible. No drugs or alcohol. Admission is free, but donations are encouraged.
Limited camping spots are available on a first-come, first-served basis. The cost for campsites is $5 per day or $15 for sites needing electricity.
Posted Aug. 22, 2012