- Rauner to Smiddy: No debate for you
- State Roundup: Moody’s: Regardless of reform, Chicago pension will grow for years
- State Roundup: State could see up to $500 million in unexpected revenue for current FY
- Tax revenues up, Rauner to restore $26 million ‘Good Friday’ cuts
- First Friday Lineup: May 1
- State Roundup: Former governor Walker passes away
- Mayors decry local funding cut proposal, say expect cuts to services
- Senate rejects bill to ban smoking in cars with children present
- Mayors warn of critical cuts if funds are reduced
- Rebuilding Rockford
Auto News: Aug. 26 Car and Motorcycle Show to benefit Rock House Kids
• Event will run 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 26, at Loves Park Auto Parts & Loves Park Motorsports
MACHESNEY PARK, Ill. — Rock Valley Mustang Club is hosting an Annual Car and Motorcycle Show in honor of Rock House Kids, a nonprofit organization reaching underprivileged and at-risk children with spiritual and physical solutions.
The show will be from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 26 (rain or shine), at Loves Park Auto Parts & Loves Park Motorsports, 9902 N. Second St., Machesney Park, Ill.
All car and motorcycle enthusiasts are encouraged to register their special vehicle from 8 a.m. to noon. Dash plaques for the first 100 cars along with other trophies will be given away.
Food and beverages will be available for purchase as well as door prizes, goodie bags and a silent auction.
Admission is free to all spectators.
For more information or to pre-register your vehicle, contact Jack Cadwell at (815) 494-0018 or Kraig “Doc” Bryan at (815) 547-5408.
From the Aug. 22-28, 2012, issue