- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Comments sought on candidates for 15th judicial circuit associate judge
OREGON, Ill. — The following individuals have applied for the vacancy in the Office of Associate Judge of the 15th Judicial Circuit, which is composed of Carroll, Jo Daviess, Lee, Ogle and Stephenson counties in northwestern Illinois:
Constance L. Augsburger, Wendy S. Howarter, Carol. P. Linkowski, John C. Redington, Alan W. Cargerman, Clayton L. Lindsey, Eric D. Morrow, Michael C. Rock, Anthony W. Peska and Byron N. Sloan.
Anyone having knowledge of these candidates is invited to comment about any candidate. Comments should be in writing and sent to Hon. Val Gunnarsson, Chief Judge, 106 S. Fifth St., Suite 306A, Oregon, IL 61061.
All comments should be received no later than Aug. 27. Anonymous comments will not be considered by the circuit judges who will be voting on the candidates.
From the Aug. 22-28, 2012, issue