- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
Local jeweler launches six-month hide-and-seek contest
• Contest highlights Rockford’s key areas, historic sites
Starting Friday, Aug. 24, Clodius & Co. Jewelers will begin hosting “Clodius Rocks,” a multi-phase, six-month hide-and-seek contest with more than $30,000 in prizes and a grand prize of a 1-carat diamond valued at $8,000.
The winner of the competition will be announced Saturday, March 9, 2013.
In working with the Rockford Area Convention & Visitors Bureau, The Rockford Park District, Cumulus Radio and local businesses, Clodius & Co. Jewelers is looking to promote public interest in key areas and historic sites in the Rockford area, while increasing market awareness of the 12-year-old fine jewelry store.
The main part of the hide-and-seek contest will be disseminating clues on multiple promotional outlets (WZOK radio, TV and social media) to contestants about where to find river rocks featuring Clodius & Co. Jewelers’ logo etched on the flat surface of flat river rocks. These etched river rocks will be hidden in key areas of the city as part of the hide-and-seek contest to promote the Rockford area’s many natural wonders, architectural features, historical sites and places for recreational fun.
Finding the actual etched river rocks is the first part in the multi-phase contest. When found, contestants can take a picture of themselves at the place where the etched stone was discovered, and then post that image on the jeweler’s Facebook page (the store’s website homepage has a Facebook link). Once that image is uploaded to the store’s Facebook wall, contestants have the chance to win a monthly “likes” prize for the contestant with the most Facebook “likes” for their posted image during a certain month throughout the six-month contest. There’s also an opportunity to earn a “likes” grand prize at the end of the contest in early March 2013.
Another component to the contest will include asking area residents to tell Clodius & Co. Jewelers which places in Rockford they think are the coolest sites in the city.
The contest will be open to Rockford-area residents as well as people from neighboring counties. News, information and updates for this unique hide-and-seek contest will be disseminated on several promotional platforms combining traditional and new media.
“To our knowledge, this is the first contest of its kind hosted by a jewelry store,” said Mark Clodius, co-owner of Clodius & Co. Jewelers.
Monika Clodius, co-owner of Clodius & Co. Jewelers, added: “We’ve been Rockford residents for many years. We have tremendous pride in not only calling this city home, but basing the jewelry store of our dreams in Rockford. A store contest that promotes not only our store but the Rockford area and its many places of natural, architectural, historical and recreational significance as well is like diamonds and gold, a perfect combination.”
Announcements of the Clodius Rocks hide-and-seek contest will begin being sent out in late August. Interested parties can find details on Clodius & Co. Jewelers’ website (www.clodiusco.com) and the store’s Facebook page. Local businesses that would like to participate are invited to contact Mark or Monika Clodius.
From the Aug. 22-28, 2012, issue