- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
Local Legacy of Leadership scholar honored
Six Illinois 4-H members were recognized as 4-H Legacy of Leadership scholars during the annual 4-H Family Event at the Illinois State Fair Saturday, Aug. 11. The statewide scholarship program is coordinated by the Illinois 4-H Foundation and the University of Illinois Extension State 4-H Office.
One of those honored was Jill Ebens, a nine-year member of the Carefree 4-H Club in Ogle County. Jill will attend the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, majoring in chemical engineering.
“These young men and women are outstanding students and 4-H members and are very deserving of this scholarship,” said Angie Barnard, director of the Illinois 4-H Foundation. “We are pleased to recognize their achievements as they move on to the next chapter of their lives.”
Since its inception in 2003, 55 4-H members have been named Legacy of Leadership scholars. The Illinois 4-H Foundation welcomes other individuals, corporations and organizations as partners in providing additional funds for future scholarship recipients. The Legacy of Leadership scholarship is merit-based and available to 4-H members who are high school seniors or in their last year of 4-H membership. For more information, visit http://4hfoundation.illinois.edu/legacyscholar.
From the Aug. 22-28, 2012, issue