- 20-year sentence in 2013 homicide
- Parolee arrested after search warrant at RHA property
- Olympic star Michael Phelps arrested on second DUI charge
- Former NIU QB Harnish signed to Vikings practice squad
- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
Local Legacy of Leadership scholar honored
Six Illinois 4-H members were recognized as 4-H Legacy of Leadership scholars during the annual 4-H Family Event at the Illinois State Fair Saturday, Aug. 11. The statewide scholarship program is coordinated by the Illinois 4-H Foundation and the University of Illinois Extension State 4-H Office.
One of those honored was Jill Ebens, a nine-year member of the Carefree 4-H Club in Ogle County. Jill will attend the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, majoring in chemical engineering.
“These young men and women are outstanding students and 4-H members and are very deserving of this scholarship,” said Angie Barnard, director of the Illinois 4-H Foundation. “We are pleased to recognize their achievements as they move on to the next chapter of their lives.”
Since its inception in 2003, 55 4-H members have been named Legacy of Leadership scholars. The Illinois 4-H Foundation welcomes other individuals, corporations and organizations as partners in providing additional funds for future scholarship recipients. The Legacy of Leadership scholarship is merit-based and available to 4-H members who are high school seniors or in their last year of 4-H membership. For more information, visit http://4hfoundation.illinois.edu/legacyscholar.
From the Aug. 22-28, 2012, issue