- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Lockwood Park birthday bash set for Aug. 25
Lockwood Park is throwing a big birthday bash (weather-permitting) for the community from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 25, at the park, 5201 Safford Road, Rockford.
All the activities will take place in several areas within the park, including pony rides, face painting, along with plenty of other fun games and crafts for the children.
Admission to the event is free; fees will be charged for some activities, and refreshments will be available for purchase from the Friends of Lockwood.
Lockwood Park Children’s Farm gives children from the city an opportunity to experience the aspects of rural life. Preserving our rural heritage and the charm of old farming days when horses pulled wagons and horseback riding was the common mode of transportation, the children’s farm offers an ideal country learning experience and fun atmosphere for people of all ages.
The mission of Lockwood Park is to help people enjoy life through their connection with animals. The park’s programs provide a variety of experiences and learning opportunities to promote healthy, positive interactions between people and animals. Lockwood Park offers 146 acres with 15 miles of scenic trails for hiking, biking or horseback riding.
For more about Lockwood Park and equestrian programs, call (815) 987-8809, or visit www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/lockwood.
From the Aug. 22-28, 2012, issue