- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Motorcycle News: Sports team license plates now available for motorcycles
Legislation proposed by Illinois Secretary of State Jesse White (D) expanding the Illinois sports teams’ series to include motorcycle license plates was signed into law Aug. 9 by Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn (D).
Twenty-five dollars from each motorcycle license plate will support the Professional Sports Teams Education Fund, with proceeds going to the Common School Fund, which supports public schools throughout the state of Illinois.
“I am proud to make these license plates available to motorcycle enthusiasts as a means of showing team spirit and further supporting education across the state,” White said. “With over 350,000 motorcycles registered in Illinois today, I am confident this new law will generate much-needed revenue to further support public schools.”
Currently, sports series license plates available to the motoring public include the Chicago Bears, Chicago Blackhawks, Chicago Bulls, Chicago Cubs and Chicago White Sox.
In less than two years, more than 18,000 sports series license plates have been sold to automobile owners, generating nearly $800,000 in revenue for public schools.
Starting Friday, Aug. 24, the public can preorder the motorcycle license plates by visiting www.cyberdriveillinois.com. Fans can order random number, personalized or vanity plates. The cost to purchase a random number plate for a currently titled motorcycle with valid Illinois registration is $66.
Pricing varies for vanity and personalized license plates.
Public Act 095-0331, enacted in 2002, allows for Illinois sports teams to have license plates designated as Professional Sports Teams license plates. Public Act 097-0914 expands the series to include motorcycle license plates.
From the Aug. 22-28, 2012, issue