- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
RACVB hires sales manager, promotes four
The Rockford Area Convention & Visitors Bureau (RACVB) has hired a new sales manager and promoted four team members.
Nick Povalitis has been hired to fill the vacant sales manager position. He joins RACVB’s two other sales team members in promoting the Rockford Region to groups, events and tournaments. Povalitis will focus primarily on new sports markets and meetings and associations.
Povalitis has a background in sales and public relations. He spent the past five years as route manager for G&K Services. Previously, he worked as assistant sports information director at Washington University in St. Louis. Povalitis graduated with a bachelor of science degree from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
RACVB President/CEO John Groh said: “Nick will be a great asset to the RACVB sales team. He has the right tools to help bring new events to the area and the necessary customer service skills to assist our current customers as they grow and expand.”
RACVB also promoted four team members as part of a current restructuring process. Monica Krysztopa was promoted to executive vice president. Lindsay Arellano has been named senior sports sales manager, and Cheryl Burggraf has been named senior meeting sales manager. Lauren Sanderson has been promoted to operations manager.
From the Aug. 22-28, 2012, issue