- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
Youth Sports: NFL Flag Football registration open house set for Aug. 31
Rockford Park District will hold a registration open house event for its NFL Flag Football fall season youth program from 6 to 7 p.m., Friday, Aug. 31, at Carlson Ice Arena, Perryville and Riverside, Loves Park.
Registration is open online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org (click Register Now), by fax (with credit card), by mail, and at both Park District Customer Service locations: Webbs Norman Center in downtown Rockford, and at Carlson Ice Arena in Loves Park.
The flag football leagues are for players ages 5-8 and 9-11, and include weekly Saturday games held Sept. 15-November at Brown Park in northwest Rockford (practice locations vary); the season consists of six games plus playoffs.
All participants will receive an official NFL Flag Football jersey, trophy and NFL certificate, as well as a field trip to a Northern Illinois University football game. The registration fee for new players is $85 ($90 non-resident); for returning players from the 2012 summer season, the fee is $50 ($55 non-resident).
More about the NFL Flag Football program is available in the Park District’s 2012/13 Fall/Winter Youth/Adult Program Guide, now available online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/programbrochures, and available soon at Park District offices and facilities. Details are also available from the Rockford Park District Youth Sports office at (815) 962-7469, or Customer Service at (815) 987-8800; information about inclusion support for participants with disabilities is also available from Customer Service.
From the Aug. 22-28, 2012, issue