- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
- Senators offer insight into population loss
- SCOTUS ruling legalizes gay marriage
Youth Sports: NFL Flag Football registration open house set for Aug. 31
Rockford Park District will hold a registration open house event for its NFL Flag Football fall season youth program from 6 to 7 p.m., Friday, Aug. 31, at Carlson Ice Arena, Perryville and Riverside, Loves Park.
Registration is open online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org (click Register Now), by fax (with credit card), by mail, and at both Park District Customer Service locations: Webbs Norman Center in downtown Rockford, and at Carlson Ice Arena in Loves Park.
The flag football leagues are for players ages 5-8 and 9-11, and include weekly Saturday games held Sept. 15-November at Brown Park in northwest Rockford (practice locations vary); the season consists of six games plus playoffs.
All participants will receive an official NFL Flag Football jersey, trophy and NFL certificate, as well as a field trip to a Northern Illinois University football game. The registration fee for new players is $85 ($90 non-resident); for returning players from the 2012 summer season, the fee is $50 ($55 non-resident).
More about the NFL Flag Football program is available in the Park District’s 2012/13 Fall/Winter Youth/Adult Program Guide, now available online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/programbrochures, and available soon at Park District offices and facilities. Details are also available from the Rockford Park District Youth Sports office at (815) 962-7469, or Customer Service at (815) 987-8800; information about inclusion support for participants with disabilities is also available from Customer Service.
From the Aug. 22-28, 2012, issue