- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
Art in the Park in New Glarus, Wis., Sept. 2
• Event held in conjunction with 75th Annual Wilhelm Tell Drama
NEW GLARUS, Wis. — The 50th Annual Art in the Park fine arts and crafts festival will be from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 2, at New Glarus’ Village Park.
Juried artists will sell their wares, including pottery, paintings, jewelry, photography and more. The event will be in conjunction with the 75th Annual Wilhelm Tell Drama.
Event organizer Mary Thomson explained: “We are very excited to be presenting our 50th event. We have many talented artists and exceptional craftsmen from Wisconsin, and several other surrounding states. It’s a great opportunity to experience fine arts and crafts in a casual outdoor venue.”
In addition, blues and rock and roll music will be provided by musician, singer and songwriter Greg Boerner. A variety of food and quick access to New Glarus’ charming downtown round out the day.
Kaye Gmur, a director of the Wilhelm Tell Festival, said: “Travelers hoping to take in our celebratory 75th presentation of the drama Wilhelm Tell featuring Swiss folk dancing, music and live animals, may want to spend the weekend with us. Families can enjoy everything from camping, a children’s lantern parade and a yodel contest.”
For more about Labor Day weekend events in New Glarus, visit www.swisstown.com.
From the Aug. 29-Sept. 4, 2012, issue