- Meet John Doe: Businesses, politicians and gov’t should follow junk email laws
- Entertainment abound for this week’s First Friday
- State Roundup: Special election dates set
- Test drive: the 2015 Ford F-150
- Fracking never on a path to sustainability
- Indiana boxes itself into legal corner
- TRRT April 1-7 | Online Edition
- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
Gardening News: ‘Fall Bulb Workshop’ set for Sept. 5 in Oregon, Ill.
OREGON, Ill. — Now is the time to be thinking about spring blooming bulbs.
In the one-hour “Fall Bulb Workshop,” Extension Horticulturist Candice Miller will teach how to plant, divide, store and identify various bulbs, tubers and corms.
Miller will also do a hands-on demonstration about how to divide these bulbs, giving you the opportunity to take some bulbs home to plant right away.
The program will be from 5 to 6 p.m., Wednesday, Sept. 5, at the University of Illinois Extension — Ogle County, 421 W. Pines Road, Oregon, Ill. Cost is $5 and everyone is welcome.
From the Aug. 29-Sept. 4, 2012, issue