- Rauner to Smiddy: No debate for you
- State Roundup: Moody’s: Regardless of reform, Chicago pension will grow for years
- State Roundup: State could see up to $500 million in unexpected revenue for current FY
- Tax revenues up, Rauner to restore $26 million ‘Good Friday’ cuts
- First Friday Lineup: May 1
- State Roundup: Former governor Walker passes away
- Mayors decry local funding cut proposal, say expect cuts to services
- Senate rejects bill to ban smoking in cars with children present
- Mayors warn of critical cuts if funds are reduced
- Rebuilding Rockford
Gardening News: ‘Fall Bulb Workshop’ set for Sept. 5 in Oregon, Ill.
OREGON, Ill. — Now is the time to be thinking about spring blooming bulbs.
In the one-hour “Fall Bulb Workshop,” Extension Horticulturist Candice Miller will teach how to plant, divide, store and identify various bulbs, tubers and corms.
Miller will also do a hands-on demonstration about how to divide these bulbs, giving you the opportunity to take some bulbs home to plant right away.
The program will be from 5 to 6 p.m., Wednesday, Sept. 5, at the University of Illinois Extension — Ogle County, 421 W. Pines Road, Oregon, Ill. Cost is $5 and everyone is welcome.
From the Aug. 29-Sept. 4, 2012, issue