- EarthTalk: Avoiding harmful food additives
- Nighttime/alcohol enforcement patrols set for Dec. 26-28
- ComEd readies for potential winter weather
- Lee Hamilton: Time to focus on growing the economy
- Anti-corruption reform advisory question to appear on ballot
- Evidence found in Dec. 20 quadruple murder, but no arrests
- Yes, Virginia, Portillo’s is coming to Rockford
- Meet John Doe: Wake up and share that Christmas spirit, you’re the hope of the world
- Tech-Friendly: Recycle your old electronics this holiday season
- Garbage collection adjusted for Christmas, New Year’s
Gardening News: ‘Fall Bulb Workshop’ set for Sept. 5 in Oregon, Ill.
OREGON, Ill. — Now is the time to be thinking about spring blooming bulbs.
In the one-hour “Fall Bulb Workshop,” Extension Horticulturist Candice Miller will teach how to plant, divide, store and identify various bulbs, tubers and corms.
Miller will also do a hands-on demonstration about how to divide these bulbs, giving you the opportunity to take some bulbs home to plant right away.
The program will be from 5 to 6 p.m., Wednesday, Sept. 5, at the University of Illinois Extension — Ogle County, 421 W. Pines Road, Oregon, Ill. Cost is $5 and everyone is welcome.
From the Aug. 29-Sept. 4, 2012, issue