- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Gardening News: ‘Fall Bulb Workshop’ set for Sept. 5 in Oregon, Ill.
OREGON, Ill. — Now is the time to be thinking about spring blooming bulbs.
In the one-hour “Fall Bulb Workshop,” Extension Horticulturist Candice Miller will teach how to plant, divide, store and identify various bulbs, tubers and corms.
Miller will also do a hands-on demonstration about how to divide these bulbs, giving you the opportunity to take some bulbs home to plant right away.
The program will be from 5 to 6 p.m., Wednesday, Sept. 5, at the University of Illinois Extension — Ogle County, 421 W. Pines Road, Oregon, Ill. Cost is $5 and everyone is welcome.
From the Aug. 29-Sept. 4, 2012, issue