- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
Gardening News: ‘Fall Bulb Workshop’ set for Sept. 5 in Oregon, Ill.
OREGON, Ill. — Now is the time to be thinking about spring blooming bulbs.
In the one-hour “Fall Bulb Workshop,” Extension Horticulturist Candice Miller will teach how to plant, divide, store and identify various bulbs, tubers and corms.
Miller will also do a hands-on demonstration about how to divide these bulbs, giving you the opportunity to take some bulbs home to plant right away.
The program will be from 5 to 6 p.m., Wednesday, Sept. 5, at the University of Illinois Extension — Ogle County, 421 W. Pines Road, Oregon, Ill. Cost is $5 and everyone is welcome.
From the Aug. 29-Sept. 4, 2012, issue