- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Golf: Midway golf outing Sept. 7
Midway Village Museum will host a golf outing Friday, Sept. 7, at Aldeen Golf Club, 1902 Reid Farm Road, Rockford.
Registration begins at 11 a.m., followed by lunch until 12:30 p.m. There will be a shotgun start at 12:30 p.m. Hors d’oeuvres and awards to follow golf play. A best ball format ensures everyone plays 18 holes of golf, and the play moves quickly.
Fees include a round of golf, golf cart, lunch, prizes, on course games and a hors d’oeuvres reception after the tournament. In addition, in the event of a rain-out, Aldeen Golf Club will issue rain checks to all golfers to use at a future date. Prizes for longest drive, closest to the pin, hole-in-one and other contests will be awarded, as well as a silent auction.
The funds raised by the golf outing support innovative, award-winning educational opportunities and exhibitions for more than 80,000 visitors annually. Funds raised also enable Midway Village Museum to preserve and restore artifacts from Rockford history, as the museum creates new and exciting exhibits and experiences.
Participate in the golf tournament in different ways. Organize a foursome to participate in the event. Some early birds have already signed up, but there is room for more. Register individually, and the museum will group you with other single golfers. Register online or download and mail in the reservation form. Interested golfers may also call the museum to register.
For more details, visit midwayvillage.com or call (815) 397-9112.
From the Aug. 29-Sept. 4, 2012, issue