- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
GPS Faith Community Senior Center re-opens
Online Staff Report
GPS Faith Community Senior Center announces the re-opening of its once-a-week Senior Center on Sept. 4. Seniors are invited to drop in for games, cards, speakers, movies, fellowship and snacks every Tuesday from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. There is no charge; however, lunch may be purchased for $5. No preregistration is needed, and all are welcome regardless of any religious affiliation. The center is at GPS Faith Community, 10714 N. Second St., Machesney Park. Reach GPS via the west access road paralleling N. Second Street, north of Route 173/West Lane.
GPS Faith Community — “God’s People Serving” is a gathering of people who are committed to loving, caring for and serving their neighbors, as they are empowered by the love of God. GPS Faith Community worships Sundays at 9 and 10:45 a.m. They are located at 10714 N. Second St. in Machesney Park, Ill. Everyone is welcome and invited to attend. Learn more about them at www.GPSFaith.com.
For more about the Senior Center, or about GPS Faith Community, contact Lisa at lisa@GPSFaith.com or the GPS office at (779) 221-8491.
Posted Aug. 29, 2012