- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
GPS Faith Community Senior Center re-opens
Online Staff Report
GPS Faith Community Senior Center announces the re-opening of its once-a-week Senior Center on Sept. 4. Seniors are invited to drop in for games, cards, speakers, movies, fellowship and snacks every Tuesday from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. There is no charge; however, lunch may be purchased for $5. No preregistration is needed, and all are welcome regardless of any religious affiliation. The center is at GPS Faith Community, 10714 N. Second St., Machesney Park. Reach GPS via the west access road paralleling N. Second Street, north of Route 173/West Lane.
GPS Faith Community — “God’s People Serving” is a gathering of people who are committed to loving, caring for and serving their neighbors, as they are empowered by the love of God. GPS Faith Community worships Sundays at 9 and 10:45 a.m. They are located at 10714 N. Second St. in Machesney Park, Ill. Everyone is welcome and invited to attend. Learn more about them at www.GPSFaith.com.
For more about the Senior Center, or about GPS Faith Community, contact Lisa at lisa@GPSFaith.com or the GPS office at (779) 221-8491.
Posted Aug. 29, 2012