- State Roundup: State could see up to $500 million in unexpected revenue for current FY
- Tax revenues up, Rauner to restore $26 million ‘Good Friday’ cuts
- First Friday Lineup: May 1
- State Roundup: Former governor Walker passes away
- Mayors decry local funding cut proposal, say expect cuts to services
- Senate rejects bill to ban smoking in cars with children present
- Mayors warn of critical cuts if funds are reduced
- Rebuilding Rockford
- ComEd and river goers at same level?
- State Roundup: Governor visits IDOT listening tour, told he’s wrong on Turnaround
Great Duck Race winners announced
The Alzheimer’s Association-Rock River Branch extends its thanks to participants in this year’s Great Duck Race on the Rock River, who helped raise vital funds for the branch’s programs and services.
Because the Rock River was dangerously low over the weekend and had no current, the ducks did not launch. Instead, Petty Officer First Class Kevin Fahlund, serving as Master of Arms assigned to the USS Ronald Reagan nuclear aircraft carrier, drew the winners in front of the Reagan statue in Dixon, Ill. Kevin and his wife, Susan, and daughter, Reagan, were in town from California specifically to join in the Reagan Day festivities honoring the former president.
The winners were as follow: first place ($1,000): Bob Oncken, Milledgeville, Ill.; second place ($250): Clifford Rugh, Dixon, Ill.; third place ($100): Matt Heartland Realty, Dixon, Ill.; and fourth place ($50): D.L. Hughes Sr., Savanna, Ill.
Several area businesses generously sponsored “families” and “fleets” of ducks for the event. They include Bob White, Borg Warner; Bonnie O’Connell, Heritage Square; Matt Hermes, Heartland Realty; Pat O’Brian, Leaf River Telephone Company; Valerie Ford, Dixon Ford; Cathy Williams, Dixon Ford; Donna Hall, Century Tap; Connie Augsburger, Attorney; J &I J Household; Joe Hass, The Other Bar; KSB Hospital; Quality Redimix Concrete Company; Kathy Groenhagen, Serenity Hospice & Home; Exceptional Dentistry; Oliver’s Corner Market; and Big John Portable.
From the Aug. 29-Sept. 4, 2012, issue