- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
- AFSCME, Rauner administration still at odds
- Through the brewing class
- AFSCME: Governor trying to force work stoppage
- What’s to negotiate? Illinois GOP, Dems can’t agree on topic
- Windows users rejoice: Windows 10 fixes what ails you!
- An easy fix to the Cubs scoring woes
- Trump ripped on floor of state House
- Striving to preserve biodiversity
- Happy hour (not so) special
Great Duck Race winners announced
The Alzheimer’s Association-Rock River Branch extends its thanks to participants in this year’s Great Duck Race on the Rock River, who helped raise vital funds for the branch’s programs and services.
Because the Rock River was dangerously low over the weekend and had no current, the ducks did not launch. Instead, Petty Officer First Class Kevin Fahlund, serving as Master of Arms assigned to the USS Ronald Reagan nuclear aircraft carrier, drew the winners in front of the Reagan statue in Dixon, Ill. Kevin and his wife, Susan, and daughter, Reagan, were in town from California specifically to join in the Reagan Day festivities honoring the former president.
The winners were as follow: first place ($1,000): Bob Oncken, Milledgeville, Ill.; second place ($250): Clifford Rugh, Dixon, Ill.; third place ($100): Matt Heartland Realty, Dixon, Ill.; and fourth place ($50): D.L. Hughes Sr., Savanna, Ill.
Several area businesses generously sponsored “families” and “fleets” of ducks for the event. They include Bob White, Borg Warner; Bonnie O’Connell, Heritage Square; Matt Hermes, Heartland Realty; Pat O’Brian, Leaf River Telephone Company; Valerie Ford, Dixon Ford; Cathy Williams, Dixon Ford; Donna Hall, Century Tap; Connie Augsburger, Attorney; J &I J Household; Joe Hass, The Other Bar; KSB Hospital; Quality Redimix Concrete Company; Kathy Groenhagen, Serenity Hospice & Home; Exceptional Dentistry; Oliver’s Corner Market; and Big John Portable.
From the Aug. 29-Sept. 4, 2012, issue