- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
- 11 public housing residents complete job readiness training
- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
- State Police seize LSD, cannabis, U.S. currency in I-80 arrest
- Park District names employee, team of the year
- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
Greenwich Village Art Fair to feature more than 100 artists
The 2012 Rockford Art Museum Greenwich Village Art Fair will be Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 15-16, rain or shine, on the grounds of Rockford Art Museum at Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford.
Gates are open 10 a.m.-6 p.m., Saturday, and 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Sunday.
Admission is $5 for adults, free for children 12 and younger. Advance tickets are $3 and are available at the Rockford Art Museum Store or any Alpine Bank location.
All proceeds support Rockford Art Museum programs throughout the year.
The 64th Greenwich Village Art Fair is dedicated to the creativity and kindness of Rockford artist Jim Julin (1956-2012).
A Rockford tradition since 1948, Greenwich is the oldest continuous outdoor fine art fair in the Midwest. The 2012 event features more than 100 juried artists; live music, both days; children’s art activities; 20 Gourmet Marketplace and Bohemian Bazaar vendors; and food and beverage vendors, including The Rock River Times Bistro, Bud Light Village Pub, Kortman Gallery Point Bar. Julie Ganser of the University of Wisconsin-Madison serves as 2012 Juror. Visit www.rockfordartmuseum.org/gvaf.html.
From the Aug. 29-Sept. 4, 2012, issue