- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
Look at me
Watching what our politicians and leaders say and do is little in comparison to the repairs of the damage that others have done in the past. We keep doing new things, and we should be working toward the mistakes of the past. Smaller government puts more jobs out in the public.
States are so far in the hole financially. We should be looking for ways to change that problem and bring that part of the wasteful spending to a stop.
We should make all accountable for wasteful spending across the country, just as you hold people for other crimes. There should be someone to watch those who are giving out the money. That should be watched way better than it is.
White-collar crime with no prison time? The threat of prison time may make some who steal like that think.
From the Aug. 29-Sept. 4, 2012, issue