- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Look at me
Watching what our politicians and leaders say and do is little in comparison to the repairs of the damage that others have done in the past. We keep doing new things, and we should be working toward the mistakes of the past. Smaller government puts more jobs out in the public.
States are so far in the hole financially. We should be looking for ways to change that problem and bring that part of the wasteful spending to a stop.
We should make all accountable for wasteful spending across the country, just as you hold people for other crimes. There should be someone to watch those who are giving out the money. That should be watched way better than it is.
White-collar crime with no prison time? The threat of prison time may make some who steal like that think.
From the Aug. 29-Sept. 4, 2012, issue