- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Look at me
Watching what our politicians and leaders say and do is little in comparison to the repairs of the damage that others have done in the past. We keep doing new things, and we should be working toward the mistakes of the past. Smaller government puts more jobs out in the public.
States are so far in the hole financially. We should be looking for ways to change that problem and bring that part of the wasteful spending to a stop.
We should make all accountable for wasteful spending across the country, just as you hold people for other crimes. There should be someone to watch those who are giving out the money. That should be watched way better than it is.
White-collar crime with no prison time? The threat of prison time may make some who steal like that think.
From the Aug. 29-Sept. 4, 2012, issue