- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Retain County Clerk Margie Mullins
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Re-elect Jesse White
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Elect Sheila Simon as state comptroller
- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
Look at me
Watching what our politicians and leaders say and do is little in comparison to the repairs of the damage that others have done in the past. We keep doing new things, and we should be working toward the mistakes of the past. Smaller government puts more jobs out in the public.
States are so far in the hole financially. We should be looking for ways to change that problem and bring that part of the wasteful spending to a stop.
We should make all accountable for wasteful spending across the country, just as you hold people for other crimes. There should be someone to watch those who are giving out the money. That should be watched way better than it is.
White-collar crime with no prison time? The threat of prison time may make some who steal like that think.
From the Aug. 29-Sept. 4, 2012, issue