- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
Look at me
Watching what our politicians and leaders say and do is little in comparison to the repairs of the damage that others have done in the past. We keep doing new things, and we should be working toward the mistakes of the past. Smaller government puts more jobs out in the public.
States are so far in the hole financially. We should be looking for ways to change that problem and bring that part of the wasteful spending to a stop.
We should make all accountable for wasteful spending across the country, just as you hold people for other crimes. There should be someone to watch those who are giving out the money. That should be watched way better than it is.
White-collar crime with no prison time? The threat of prison time may make some who steal like that think.
From the Aug. 29-Sept. 4, 2012, issue