- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Where has the good music gone?
I’m 60, and I grew up in Rockford listening to the greatest rock & roll, rock, and blues music ever recorded and performed, so I am pretty opinionated when it comes to music. I have been to every On the Waterfront Festival since the beginning and have listened to a lot of great music there. For the last few years, the music there has really gone downhill for me. Some of the great shows I saw there were Robert Cray, Tab Benoit and Webb Wilder. I am not going to pay admission for the privilege of the outrageous food prices, people watching (go to the City Market for that), or any of the music groups listed there this year. I hope younger people enjoy the music, but it’s too bad they won’t have the opportunity to hear any of the truly great music groups anymore because O.T.W. won’t book them.
From the Aug. 29-Sept. 4, 2012, issue