- Omnibus police reform bill passes House
- Senate refuses Rauner on lawsuits, property taxes
- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
Where has the good music gone?
I’m 60, and I grew up in Rockford listening to the greatest rock & roll, rock, and blues music ever recorded and performed, so I am pretty opinionated when it comes to music. I have been to every On the Waterfront Festival since the beginning and have listened to a lot of great music there. For the last few years, the music there has really gone downhill for me. Some of the great shows I saw there were Robert Cray, Tab Benoit and Webb Wilder. I am not going to pay admission for the privilege of the outrageous food prices, people watching (go to the City Market for that), or any of the music groups listed there this year. I hope younger people enjoy the music, but it’s too bad they won’t have the opportunity to hear any of the truly great music groups anymore because O.T.W. won’t book them.
From the Aug. 29-Sept. 4, 2012, issue