- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Where has the good music gone?
I’m 60, and I grew up in Rockford listening to the greatest rock & roll, rock, and blues music ever recorded and performed, so I am pretty opinionated when it comes to music. I have been to every On the Waterfront Festival since the beginning and have listened to a lot of great music there. For the last few years, the music there has really gone downhill for me. Some of the great shows I saw there were Robert Cray, Tab Benoit and Webb Wilder. I am not going to pay admission for the privilege of the outrageous food prices, people watching (go to the City Market for that), or any of the music groups listed there this year. I hope younger people enjoy the music, but it’s too bad they won’t have the opportunity to hear any of the truly great music groups anymore because O.T.W. won’t book them.
From the Aug. 29-Sept. 4, 2012, issue