- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Where has the good music gone?
I’m 60, and I grew up in Rockford listening to the greatest rock & roll, rock, and blues music ever recorded and performed, so I am pretty opinionated when it comes to music. I have been to every On the Waterfront Festival since the beginning and have listened to a lot of great music there. For the last few years, the music there has really gone downhill for me. Some of the great shows I saw there were Robert Cray, Tab Benoit and Webb Wilder. I am not going to pay admission for the privilege of the outrageous food prices, people watching (go to the City Market for that), or any of the music groups listed there this year. I hope younger people enjoy the music, but it’s too bad they won’t have the opportunity to hear any of the truly great music groups anymore because O.T.W. won’t book them.
From the Aug. 29-Sept. 4, 2012, issue