- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
- Susan Johnson: Saying goodbye to a career
- Super Bowl XLIX prediction: Seahawks will top Patriots
- Sinnissippi Park improvements announced
- Rockford Park District recognized at Illinois Park and Recreation Association Conference
- Man gets natural life in prison for September 2011 murder
- Meet John Doe: Remember the crew of the space shuttle ‘Challenger’
- Tech-Friendly: Update your Adobe Flash Player today
Where has the good music gone?
I’m 60, and I grew up in Rockford listening to the greatest rock & roll, rock, and blues music ever recorded and performed, so I am pretty opinionated when it comes to music. I have been to every On the Waterfront Festival since the beginning and have listened to a lot of great music there. For the last few years, the music there has really gone downhill for me. Some of the great shows I saw there were Robert Cray, Tab Benoit and Webb Wilder. I am not going to pay admission for the privilege of the outrageous food prices, people watching (go to the City Market for that), or any of the music groups listed there this year. I hope younger people enjoy the music, but it’s too bad they won’t have the opportunity to hear any of the truly great music groups anymore because O.T.W. won’t book them.
From the Aug. 29-Sept. 4, 2012, issue