- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
- Charges re-filed against seven Hells Angels
- Tube Talk: Addicted to ‘Rehab Addict’
Corky Siegel in Dixon Sept. 15
DIXON, Ill. — Composer, pianist, harmonica virtuoso and singer/songwriter Corky Siegel and his Chamber Blues will perform at The Next Picture Show in Dixon, Ill., Saturday, Sept. 15.
Siegel has been bringing his critically-acclaimed, blues-influenced music to worldwide audiences for four decades. His groundbreaking Chamber Blues (a potent and irresistible combination of classical and blues music), first heard on Corky’s 1994 Alligator release Corky Siegel’s Chamber Blues Show, integrated the delicate structure and complex qualities of chamber music with the emotion and spontaneity of the blues. Now, with Corky Siegel’s Chamber Blues Show, the group pushes the boundaries even further.
The Chicago Tribune wrote, “Gritty Chicago blues and rarefied classical chamber music might not seem like a match made in heaven, until you’ve heard Corky Siegel bring the two together … a crowning achievement.”
The Next Picture Show is at 113 W. First St., Dixon, Ill. Tickets are $25, and the show starts at 7 p.m., Sept. 15. Visit thenextpictureshow.com or call (815) 285-4924.
From the Sept. 5-11, 2012, issue