- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Corky Siegel in Dixon Sept. 15
DIXON, Ill. — Composer, pianist, harmonica virtuoso and singer/songwriter Corky Siegel and his Chamber Blues will perform at The Next Picture Show in Dixon, Ill., Saturday, Sept. 15.
Siegel has been bringing his critically-acclaimed, blues-influenced music to worldwide audiences for four decades. His groundbreaking Chamber Blues (a potent and irresistible combination of classical and blues music), first heard on Corky’s 1994 Alligator release Corky Siegel’s Chamber Blues Show, integrated the delicate structure and complex qualities of chamber music with the emotion and spontaneity of the blues. Now, with Corky Siegel’s Chamber Blues Show, the group pushes the boundaries even further.
The Chicago Tribune wrote, “Gritty Chicago blues and rarefied classical chamber music might not seem like a match made in heaven, until you’ve heard Corky Siegel bring the two together … a crowning achievement.”
The Next Picture Show is at 113 W. First St., Dixon, Ill. Tickets are $25, and the show starts at 7 p.m., Sept. 15. Visit thenextpictureshow.com or call (815) 285-4924.
From the Sept. 5-11, 2012, issue