- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Corky Siegel in Dixon Sept. 15
DIXON, Ill. — Composer, pianist, harmonica virtuoso and singer/songwriter Corky Siegel and his Chamber Blues will perform at The Next Picture Show in Dixon, Ill., Saturday, Sept. 15.
Siegel has been bringing his critically-acclaimed, blues-influenced music to worldwide audiences for four decades. His groundbreaking Chamber Blues (a potent and irresistible combination of classical and blues music), first heard on Corky’s 1994 Alligator release Corky Siegel’s Chamber Blues Show, integrated the delicate structure and complex qualities of chamber music with the emotion and spontaneity of the blues. Now, with Corky Siegel’s Chamber Blues Show, the group pushes the boundaries even further.
The Chicago Tribune wrote, “Gritty Chicago blues and rarefied classical chamber music might not seem like a match made in heaven, until you’ve heard Corky Siegel bring the two together … a crowning achievement.”
The Next Picture Show is at 113 W. First St., Dixon, Ill. Tickets are $25, and the show starts at 7 p.m., Sept. 15. Visit thenextpictureshow.com or call (815) 285-4924.
From the Sept. 5-11, 2012, issue