- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
- Forest-preserve sex sting nets 10
Corky Siegel in Dixon Sept. 15
DIXON, Ill. — Composer, pianist, harmonica virtuoso and singer/songwriter Corky Siegel and his Chamber Blues will perform at The Next Picture Show in Dixon, Ill., Saturday, Sept. 15.
Siegel has been bringing his critically-acclaimed, blues-influenced music to worldwide audiences for four decades. His groundbreaking Chamber Blues (a potent and irresistible combination of classical and blues music), first heard on Corky’s 1994 Alligator release Corky Siegel’s Chamber Blues Show, integrated the delicate structure and complex qualities of chamber music with the emotion and spontaneity of the blues. Now, with Corky Siegel’s Chamber Blues Show, the group pushes the boundaries even further.
The Chicago Tribune wrote, “Gritty Chicago blues and rarefied classical chamber music might not seem like a match made in heaven, until you’ve heard Corky Siegel bring the two together … a crowning achievement.”
The Next Picture Show is at 113 W. First St., Dixon, Ill. Tickets are $25, and the show starts at 7 p.m., Sept. 15. Visit thenextpictureshow.com or call (815) 285-4924.
From the Sept. 5-11, 2012, issue