- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Corky Siegel in Dixon Sept. 15
DIXON, Ill. — Composer, pianist, harmonica virtuoso and singer/songwriter Corky Siegel and his Chamber Blues will perform at The Next Picture Show in Dixon, Ill., Saturday, Sept. 15.
Siegel has been bringing his critically-acclaimed, blues-influenced music to worldwide audiences for four decades. His groundbreaking Chamber Blues (a potent and irresistible combination of classical and blues music), first heard on Corky’s 1994 Alligator release Corky Siegel’s Chamber Blues Show, integrated the delicate structure and complex qualities of chamber music with the emotion and spontaneity of the blues. Now, with Corky Siegel’s Chamber Blues Show, the group pushes the boundaries even further.
The Chicago Tribune wrote, “Gritty Chicago blues and rarefied classical chamber music might not seem like a match made in heaven, until you’ve heard Corky Siegel bring the two together … a crowning achievement.”
The Next Picture Show is at 113 W. First St., Dixon, Ill. Tickets are $25, and the show starts at 7 p.m., Sept. 15. Visit thenextpictureshow.com or call (815) 285-4924.
From the Sept. 5-11, 2012, issue