- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
- Impacts of low oil prices
- Monica Lewinsky takes aim at online bullying
- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
Exhibitors sought for Sept. 13-14 Senior EXPO
Online Staff Report
Lifescape Community Services’ annual Senior EXPO is nearing, but there’s still time to reserve booth space.
Each year, Lifescape hosts nearly 120 exhibitors at the Indoor Sports Center for the annual fund-raiser, to be held Sept. 13-14.
The exhibitors cover a range of businesses, from travel agencies to home improvement companies. Attendees will talk to insurance and financial advisers, and health care representatives are available, along with those from the retirement living segment.
The event sees approximately 4,500 people every year, and not just seniors. Family members and caregivers also attend to learn more about what’s available in services, products and programs for the older adult in their lives.
This year, a representative from the Illinois Comptroller’s Office will be available to discuss a number of issues affecting seniors, including identity theft, credit issues, budgeting and others. Plus, many other local and regional non-profits will be offering infromation of importance to seniors.
Along with the theme this year of “Fit & Fabulous!”, senior exercise and health will be in the forefront, with demonstrations and introductions to healthy routines, health screenings and healthy cooking demonstrations.
For information about how to be a part of this year’s Senior EXPO, visit www.lifescapeservices.org or contact Alan Jones at (815) 490-1111.
Posted Sept. 5, 2012