- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
- The Odds Man: ‘D’ is key in Week 3
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Capital Brewery’s Oktoberfest a delicious, malty lager
- Week 3 NFL picks: Wins for Bears and Packers, losses for Lions and Vikings
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: Catching up with John ‘Brizz’ Brizzolara of 96.7 The Eagle
Exhibitors sought for Sept. 13-14 Senior EXPO
Online Staff Report
Lifescape Community Services’ annual Senior EXPO is nearing, but there’s still time to reserve booth space.
Each year, Lifescape hosts nearly 120 exhibitors at the Indoor Sports Center for the annual fund-raiser, to be held Sept. 13-14.
The exhibitors cover a range of businesses, from travel agencies to home improvement companies. Attendees will talk to insurance and financial advisers, and health care representatives are available, along with those from the retirement living segment.
The event sees approximately 4,500 people every year, and not just seniors. Family members and caregivers also attend to learn more about what’s available in services, products and programs for the older adult in their lives.
This year, a representative from the Illinois Comptroller’s Office will be available to discuss a number of issues affecting seniors, including identity theft, credit issues, budgeting and others. Plus, many other local and regional non-profits will be offering infromation of importance to seniors.
Along with the theme this year of “Fit & Fabulous!”, senior exercise and health will be in the forefront, with demonstrations and introductions to healthy routines, health screenings and healthy cooking demonstrations.
For information about how to be a part of this year’s Senior EXPO, visit www.lifescapeservices.org or contact Alan Jones at (815) 490-1111.
Posted Sept. 5, 2012